June 4, 2015

So It Begins!

We now officially start the clock for 2016 El Salvador and the missions trip of a lifetime!
293 days from now we step on a bus and start an amazing journey!
I wanted to let you know for planning and budgeting purposes:

Dates of the trip: March 24-30, 2016
Cost: The airfare has gone up about $100 from this year, so the cost to "fundraise" for you is $1400 per person. I wanted to let you know so you can start to figure out how to raise the money. Some students last year used the site www.gofundme.com and raised their money. A few years ago, I had one parent send in $20 every two weeks once school started and paid the balance when the total was due - it did not seem as bad when he broke it down that way. It's up to you. A non-refundable deposit of $100 per person will be due when we get back to school.
Time will go fast - so pray and work on raising and saving money!
PARENTS: right now I am reserving several extra seats with American Airlines. If you think you are going or you are even considering it, let me know. We can always canel those in August. I want to make sure I initially set aside the correct number of seats.
Thank you
Mr. Mitchell